About Sugar...

Sugar Mill Productions was designed by women, for women in a fashion that clarifies self-image and enhances lifestyle with an empowering experience. At Sugar Mill Productions, our mission is simple… EMPOWER, ENRICH & EDUCATE. We exist to inspire and encourage every woman, man and child to love themselves. Sugar Mill is a STYLE. Vintage Couture. A little old mixed with a little new. Whether visiting the Photography Studio, Pin-Up & Boudoir Studio, visiting our Salon, purchasing from the boutique or attending an event, clients are immersed in the STYLE that will linger indefinitely.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dirty Girl Mud Run

When my sister (technically my cousin but really she is my sister) asked my sisters and me to do a "Muddy" 5K, I was all for it. Especially when these girls in my family said yes... it made my year! You see, a few years back my mom broke her back in a car accident while traveling to her mother-in-law's funeral and has been living in chronic pain since. Two years ago, my sister Karen's life changed drastically after her husband's aorta burst and he suffered a stroke. And of course, all of us ladies have faced life changing events, trials and tribulations over the past few years. You may say, "What does this have to do with running a 5K?" Well, as many of you know, when life suddenly throws you a curve ball, you think you will get back to "normal" but in all reality you have to adapt to a new "normal". It's easy to feel sorry for yourself and hear the voice of failure, defeat, depletion, and hopelessness. You are not alone! And sometimes what you need is a "pick-me-upper". As Rosie The Riveter says, "WE CAN DO IT!"

I am so proud of my Mom and sisters for many reasons. I have learned a lot from them. I have learned that God gives you strength when you are weak. I have learned that when you fall, you get back up. And I have learned to enjoy life, enjoy your loved ones and enjoy God's playground! On September 24, 2011 we did just that.

Dirty Girl is unlike anything you’ve ever done. This female-only, 5K mud run is designed for women of all fitness levels. The 11 military-inspired obstacles are fun and unique but with just enough hell to keep your palms a bit sweaty. And the entire event is designed to be organic and eco-friendly.

If that’s not reason enough, get dirty for a good cause. A portion of all proceeds goes to support breast cancer research, awareness & education.

Come join us next year. What's your reason? Let's do it Sugar Mill style, shall we?


www.godirtygirl.com



No comments:

Post a Comment